Once you’ve purchased your perfect home-from-home in the sun, who will help you look after it? Given the number of individuals and organisations offering property management, it’s sensible to know what any reputable company would offer you.
1. Regular inspection visits. Time and weather take their toll on every property, so a minimum twice monthly inspection visit to air rooms, and check cleanliness, decor, utilities, and appliances, is a must!
2. Effective communications. A report noting any problems should be available on-line, showing you necessary photographs, e.g. a damp wall, a tree felled by storms, etc.
3. Easy on-line management. You should be able to request services, plan visits, view property reports, and pay bills simply, on-line from your own home, or anywhere in the world!
4. Efficient repairs and maintenance. For remedial work, or services like gardening or pool cleaning, expect to approve a quotation beforehand. In emergencies, like plumbing leaks, immediate action should be taken on your behalf.
5. Stylish refurbishment. Benefit from the company’s relationships with tried and trusted suppliers, whether for furniture packages, kitchen refits, interior design or decoration, or new curtains.
6. Carefree visits. Get the most from your property when you visit! Expect everything arranged for you, including cleaning, making up beds, switching on hot water, and providing a welcome pack with flowers!
7. Secure key-holding. Secure management of your keys is essential, especially when tradesmen have to gain access, or visiting guests need keys on arrival or in an emergency.
8. Timely trouble-shooting. Experienced multilingual staff should be on hand to help you resolve time-consuming issues with local authorities, or electricity and water companies, with the minimum fuss.
9. Knowledgeable information source. Need a babysitter or restaurant recommendation? Want to go flying or sailing? Whatever your request, the company should be able to help you achieve it.
10. Rentals management. If renting your property short or long-term, a company with lettings experience is essential. Expect them to provide you with advice, prepare an inventory and guest manual, and market your property through their website and advertising. Check they manage the entire rental process, from booking and payment, to greeting guests on arrival and being there for them 24/7 throughout their stay!